At Boehm & Wright, we…
   …answer your questions
   …provide a different approach
   …put our clients first

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you charge anything to meet and discuss my case?
No. We offer a ½ hour consultation without any charge to you. During this initial meeting we will discuss your issues and determine how we can help you.

How much will it cost me to retain you?
Fees may be hourly, a percentage of your ultimately recovery, or a flat fee, depending on the nature and the specifics of the case. These fees will be discussed during the initial consultation. The fact is that dealing with legal issues is not cheap. We may not have the lowest rates out there, but you often get what you pay for, and a legal case is not the best time to skimp on quality.

How will I know what’s going on in my case?
We understand that your case is extremely important to you and is probably causing you a lot of stress. That’s why your calls or emails will be returned promptly and usually within one business day. It is our office policy that a copy of all correspondence received that is related to your case is immediately sent to you. As we are a small office, your phone call will not be answered by a service or a series of confusing recorded messages. In almost all cases it will be answered by our paralegal, Candy.

I’ve just been served with a petition for divorce/a lawsuit and don’t know what to do next. What do I do?
Court deadlines are extremely important and you should consult with a lawyer immediately. If you miss a deadline, you may severely compromise your case. If you miss a hearing date, you may be defaulted and the case could be dismissed.

Do I have to mediate?
In any a divorce, legal separation or parenting case filed in New Hampshire where minor children are involved, the Court will require you to attempt mediation. Mediation is a helpful tool as it allows parties to take control over their lives instead of leaving the decision to a judge. It also provides finality as the parties do not have to wait for a hearing and then for the judge to issue an order, which can often take many months. Most importantly it is almost always less costly than a trial.

I think the judge made a mistake and I should have won. Is there anything that you can do to help?
There are a few avenues for appealing the result of your case. However, there are deadlines to filing post-verdict motions or appeals to a higher court. If you believe a mistake happened, you should contact an attorney immediately to discuss your concern and what remedies are available to you.

Will you tell my spouse what we talk about?
The privacy of communication between client and lawyer is the foundation of the practice of law. We regularly represent clients in situations of the utmost delicacy, where any breach could not only be damaging to the client’s interests but embarrassing as well. Confidentiality is not only our professional obligation, it is our promise to you.



Boehm & Wright, PLLC provides this website for informational purposes only. The information provided is not intended to indicate future results. Further, the information provided on this website should not be construed to be legal advice. A review of this website and the information contained herein does not create a lawyer client relationship. You should consult a lawyer about the specific facts and circumstances of your personal case.

Boehm & Wright, PLLC is not responsible for the content contained on the linked websites listed on our website. Said links are provided for your information only.

Some of the materials on this site constitute attorney advertising.